The Lexicon of Greek Personal
Names (LGPN) was established to collect and publish all ancient Greek
drawing on the full range of written sources from the
8th century B.C. down to the late Roman Empire.
- The project: the origin and purpose
- Publications: details of published
volumes including name lists and statistics; forthcoming volumes, associated
- Online facilities: Name
Search over 35,000 published names; indexes and bibliographies
of LGPN I-VA; LGPN
IIA: addenda, corrigenda, name indexes and statistics from revised
LGPN II (version April 2007).
- LGPN Database Search: conversion project
using TEI-compliant XML.
- LGPN Website Search
- Ancient Greek names: an introduction,
including their formation and development, and our sources for them.
We also have a little information about modern Greek names.
- Announcements: new additions
to the site, developments, news and events.
- Anatolian Society: a joint conference, July 11-12, 2011
- Contact details: staff and the Advisory
click on an image
to see a larger version
© Lexicon of Greek Personal Names.
All rights reserved.
Classics at Oxford
University of Oxford